Upon completion of this workshop, attendees will:
- Have an understanding of the common types of event risk
- Be able to identify, evaluate and assess risk in an 'event' context
- Be clear on the successful control and management of event risk
- Be able to construct a 'Risk Management Plan' relevant to their event
- Receive a series of practical templates, advice and information resources to assist in ongoing event planning and delivery
Key topics that will be covered include:
- Using risk management to deliver a successful event;
- The effective identification, evaluation, assessment and treatment of event risk;
- Monitoring and reviewing your approach through the event phases;
- Communicating and consulting with relevant stakeholders-including your sponsors and brokers/insurers;
- The importance of the mantra's 'you can't manage what you don't measure' and 'if it's not documented it's not done'; and
- An update on significant recent incidents.
Mark Humphreys MSc, CPRM, CIP, CMIOSH, MBCI, GAICD - RiskWest Management Consultants
Mark Humphreys has over 20 years of experience encompassing logic mapping, strategic, operational and project risk, liability and insurable risk with blue chip companies in the UK and across the Australian private and public sectors. He holds two 'Master of Science' degrees; one in 'Insurance & Risk Management' and one in 'Civil Emergency Management', majoring in risk and business continuity management.
Mark is a:
- 'Certified Practising Risk Manager' (CPRM) with the Risk Management Institution of Australasia (RMIA)
- 'Certified Insurance Professional' (CIP) and 'Fellow' of the Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance & Finance (ANZIIF)
- 'Chartered Member' of the Institution of Occupational Safety & Health' (CMIOSH)
- 'Member' and Approved Instructor for the Business Continuity Institute (BCI)
- 'Member' and graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
- Appointed government 'Gateway' Project Reviewer for 'High Value / High Risk' projects.