Who should attend:
The growth of community and sporting events run in local governments (both internally and by external providers) has increased expectation and requirements for event planning and management. The diversity of event activities, locations & audiences plus compliance of event sponsorship and funding, call for stringent event risk management procedures. Upon completion of this hands on Risk Management workshop, attendees will have an understanding of the common types of event risk; Be able to identify the different types of risk; Successfully control event risk; and be able to construct a Risk Management Plan relevant to their event. They will also receive practical templates, advice and information resources to assist in ongoing event planning.
Upon completion of this workshop, attendees will:
- Have an understanding of the common types of event risk
- Be able to identify, evaluate and assess risk in an 'event' context
- Be clear on the successful control and management of event risk
- Be able to construct a 'Risk Management Plan' relevant to their event
- Receive a series of practical templates, advice and information resources to assist in ongoing event planning and delivery
Key topics that will be covered include:
- Using risk management to deliver a successful event;
- The effective identification, evaluation, assessment and treatment of event risk;
- Monitoring and reviewing your approach through the event phases;
- Communicating and consulting with relevant stakeholders-including your sponsors and brokers/insurers;
- The importance of the mantra's 'you can't manage what you don't measure' and 'if it's not documented it's not done'; and
- An update on significant recent incidents.
Mark Humphreys has over 20 years of experience encompassing logic mapping, strategic, operational and project risk, liability and insurable risk with blue chip companies in the UK and across the Australian private and public sectors. He holds two 'Master of Science' degrees; one in 'Insurance & Risk Management' and one in 'Civil Emergency Management', majoring in risk and business continuity management.
Ample free parking is available at the venue.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries about your membership. All memberships are managed by the PLA National Office ph. 08 8332 0130
Places are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment.