- This event has passed.
WA Playspace Technical Tour – Central
November 23 @ 8:30 am - 3:00 pm AWST$220.00
Who Should Attend?
Leisure Planners | Landscape Construction | Designers | Recreation Officer | Community Development Officer | Leisure and Recreation Planners | Parks Managers or Coordinators | Landscape Architect
Our last Playspace Technical Tour for 2023 features some of the newest parks and playspaces that have opened over the last 12-18 months in the central corridor. Join PLAWA Regional Councillor Andrew Reedy and the PLAWA team as we speak to the professional planners, designers, local government teams and artists that created some very unique and challenging playspaces.
Share ideas with some of WA’s most creative, responsive, practical and risk-aware playspace practitioners including:
- Jon Vines and Dan Barber; City of Bayswater
- Krystal Hunter, Mark Johnson and Cara Clifton; City of Stirling
- Emma-Lee Hollings, Chris Brady and Georga Buldock; DevelopmentWA
- Nathan Phillips, Lindsay McCann and Jaye Attwood, Landscape Elements
- Bree Sturges; Lark Industries
- Mitch Robinson; Perth Parkour
- Matt Huxtable; Mitchell Downes and Ryan Healy; Phase 3
- Tim Yuen and Mat de Koning; Skatesculpture
- Phil Adams and Natasha Dowson; Town of Bassendean
- Peter Woodward; UDLA
- Peter Hillman; Urbis
We will be visiting the following playspaces:
- Maylands Waterland
- Sandy Beach Reserve Playspace
- Bina Parkland
- Subiaco Oval
- Montario Quarter Playground
The State government through the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries is a major supporter of Parks and Leisure Australia in Western Australia. Sport and recreation builds stronger, healthier, happier and safer communities.
Parks and Leisure Australia WA acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.