Liquor Licensing Policy at Council Recreation and Sporting Reserves

The Department of Justice – Liquor Licensing is responsible for the effective licensing and regulation of the sale and distribution of alcohol within Victoria. As the majority of sporting reserves and facilities within the municipality are located on Council owned land, Council becomes a key stakeholder for any liquor licensing applications. Under the Liquor Control Reform Act 1998, Council as the land owner has the opportunity to object to submissions that may detract from, or be detrimental to, the amenity of the area.



Geographic Coverage



Monash City Council: 2010